This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love! Made with homemade marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. Serve it over pasta, zucchini noodles, roasted veggies or with a large salad to keep it on the lighter side.
We all love this dish in my home, it’s perfect for a weeknight yet good enough to serve to company. This is also how I bake my chicken cutlets if you want it without the cheese and sauce. Kid friendly and delicious, make this tonight!!
Adapted From: www.foxandbriar.com
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese fresh grated
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 2 chicken breasts About 1 pound of chicken total
• 1 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 cup marinara sauce
• 2 tablespoon minced parsley optional, for garnish
• 1 egg
• Line a baking sheet with foil, brush foil with olive oil. Adjust oven rack so that is in the second from the top space. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
• Cut the chicken breasts in half and pound to even thickness: Cut through the middle of the chicken breast as if you are going to butterfly it (cutting it open like a book), but cut all the way through to make two equal sized pieces.
• After cutting the chicken breasts in half, place them in a gallon sized zip top bag in an even layer, seal it, then pound them to an even thickness using a meat pounder or a rolling pin. You can also place the chicken breasts between two layers of cling wrap instead of a zip top bag if you prefer.
• Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
• In one shallow dish, mix together panko bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper.
• In another shallow dish, whisk one egg.
• Dip one chicken breast into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture. Ensure chicken breast is fully coated in the crumb mixture, and gently press with your hand do help the crumbs stick to the chicken. Place chicken breast on prepared baking sheet, repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
• Place baking sheet in oven on the second from the top rack. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
• Flip chicken, pour 1/4 cup of marinara sauce over each piece of chicken, then top with cheese. Place back in the oven. Turn on the broiler. Broil for 2-4 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly and edges of chicken are browning.
A FEW SIDE DISH RECIPES THAT WOULD BE GREAT WITH THIS:
• Roasted Spaghetti Squash for a low-carb side dish recipe
• Easy Garlic Broccolini
• Broccoli and Orzo for a kid-friendly side dish recipe
• Roasted Tossed Mushrooms
Must Be Attention :
• Prepared INSTEAD OF FRIED!
This is an incredible chicken bosom formula – slicing the chicken bosoms down the middle the long way and afterward beating them marginally to make them even thickness will assist them with cooking rapidly and truly causes you accomplish to a greater extent a café quality taste.
• Instructions to CUT CHICKEN BREASTS IN HALF
I have never cut my chicken bosoms like this previously, however it is extremely straightforward and has a colossal effect on the cooking time and taste. Just slice through the center as though you are going to butterfly the chicken bosom (cutting it open like a book), yet slice completely through to make two equivalent estimated pieces.
• Instructions to MAKE OVEN BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN
1. Line a preparing sheet with foil, brush foil with olive oil. Modify stove rack so that it is in the second from the top space. Preheat the broiler to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut the chicken bosoms into equal parts and pound to even thickness.
3. Pat the chicken bosoms dry with a paper towel, at that point season with salt and pepper.
4. In one shallow dish, combine panko bread scraps, ground parmesan cheddar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and dark pepper.
5. In another shallow dish, whisk one egg.
6. Dip one chicken bosom into the egg, at that point into the bread scrap blend. Guarantee chicken bosom is completely covered in the scrap blend and delicately press with your hand do enable the pieces to adhere to the chicken. Spot chicken bosom on the arranged heating sheet, rehash with outstanding bits of chicken.
7. Place the preparing sheet in the stove on the second from the top rack. Prepare for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Flip chicken, pour 1/4 cup of marinara sauce over each bit of chicken, at that point top with cheddar. Spot back in the stove. Turn on the oven. Sear for 2-4 minutes, until cheddar is liquefied and bubbly and edges of the chicken are carmelizing.
• WHAT TEMPERATURE DO YOU BAKE CHICKEN PARMESAN AT?
Prepare this Chicken Parmesan at 400 degrees to guarantee it is overall quite firm, at that point finish it under the grill.
• To what extent DO YOU BAKE CHICKEN PARMESAN IN THE OVEN?
Since the chicken bosoms have been sliced down the middle and beat to an equivalent thickness, they cook rapidly – it just takes around 15 minutes for them to be finished.
• DO YOU NEED TO COVER CHICKEN PARMESAN IN THE OVEN?
No, I didn't cover the chicken while preparing it. Leaving the chicken revealed permits to get progressively fresh and keeps it from getting wet.
• WHAT IS THE BEST PARMESAN CHEESE TO USE FOR BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN?
As usual, I suggest purchasing a wedge of Parmesan cheddar and grinding it yourself rather than purchasing pre-ground Parmesan cheddar. Frequently holders of pre-ground Parmesan have wood mash in them, also they simply don't taste as great. You are in an ideal situation purchasing a wedge of genuine Parmigiano-Reggiano and utilizing a Microplane to grind it