Deliciously seasoned tender fried cabbage and onions with crispy bacon is a family favourite. A quick one pot recipe suitable for any time of the year. Best thing is it’s inexpensive and reheats perfectly in your microwave.
Adapted from : cooktoria.com
• 3 pork bacon strips thick-cut
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tbsp. hot sauce
• 1 medium cabbage head about 3 lbs., roughly chopped
• 1 medium onion diced
• 1/4 tbsp. red pepper flakes
• 1 medium red bell pepper diced
• 1/3 cup of water
- First Step, In a large non-stick skillet, sauté the bacon, bell pepper, and onion over medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Second Step, Add the red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and stir well.
- And Then, Add the water and chopped cabbage to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 20-25 minutes, or until the water evaporates.*
- Next Step, Once the water evaporates, keep frying the cabbage for about 10 minutes.
- Last Step, Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the hot sauce. Serve
• Use smoked sausage instead of bacon
• Use chicken sausage instead
• Add 1 tablespoon of BBQ Sauce
• Use 1 tablespoon of tomato paste