This simple tomato soup is ideal for those nippy fall and winter nighttimes. If you lean toward a heartier green, kale or broccoli rabe can be included 5 minutes after the tortellini!
Made it? Tell us how it went in the remark segment beneath!
- · 1 tbsp butter
- · 1/2 onion, diced
- · 4 cloves garlic, minced
- · 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- · 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- · 3 tbsp flour
- · 3 chicken broth
- · 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- · 3 tbsp tomato paste
- · 4 cheese tortellini
- · 1/3 cream
- · 1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan
- · 3 spinach, packed
- · Kosher salt
- · Freshly ground black pepper
- · 2 tbsp basil, thinly sliced for garnish
This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.
1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and flour and whisk to combine. Cook 1 more minute.
2. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, and tortellini. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until tortellini is cooked, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the cream and Parmesan and stir to combine. Add spinach and let wilt. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil and serve.